Thursday, March 10, 2016

Throwback Thursday – Rory

Lately, I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my past. It's not nostalgia, it's more just remembering things because I've felt like it. Maybe it's like trying to make sense of it all, in an attempt to piece together how I got from 'there' to 'here', and how I got so lucky.

So, I've decided to start a Throwback Thursday thing. Okay, I know it's already a big thing on social media, especially for teens. But I realized a lot of people that I know who blog don't really say much about their past. So…I guess this is a way to learn about me and that's it haha.

So today, I just wanted to do a little throwback to my 17th birthday.

My 17th birthday was my second best birthday so far. (The best was my19th).

September 15, 2013 was the second best birthday for me because that was when I got Rory.

(Rory at 8 weeks old)


My sister and I named him after Rory Williams from Doctor Who. He was only eight weeks old when we adopted him, and even though he caused trouble sometimes, he was a really good puppy.

In February of 2015, I was admitted to a hospital for malnourishment and I was in a full day treatment program for four months. Things were hard, but no matter what, Rory seemed to be able to tell whenever I was sick or not feeling well, and he was always there to help.

(Rory sitting in my lap)


He's almost three years old now, but he's still the best dog I could ever have wished for. He's still a bit suspicious of my boyfriend sometimes, but they get along now.



Do any of you have a dog? What's your story?

–Jess

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nothing beats a dog as a best friend. Well, almost...
Glad Rory was there for you when you were so ill.

Patrick Stahl said...

Rory was a good companion (Amy is my favorite). I have a 1/4 lab / 3/4 springer spaniel named Ginger (she looks like a chocolate lab but slightly smaller and with floppy ears) and a full-blooded chocolate lab named Blitzen. We got them both from friends of the family.

Susan Kane said...

Beagles are the best dogs. Good companions, alert, busy, and friendly to you (and others, too).

Take care of yourself. You are young, can bounce back. But this affects the years beyond.

-blessed holy socks said...

Cool. Im a HUGE star wars fan, too; I watched the begining series 4, 5, 6 so freekn many times, my VCR was becoming disabled WHARHAHAHA Nevertheless, our blogs tell of a place where anything's possible...

Need some new fangled thots and ideers?? Look no firdr, brudda...

Greetings, earthling! Can't stay long, done gotta git, Paw ...yet, if I'm a sower, we plant the Seed; if I'm an artist, we write the Word:

I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET any moe curly, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs when my beautifull, brilliant, bombastic, bawlsy girly passed-away at 17 (God calls U.S. home regardless of our maturity).

"Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness, as bright as stars for all eternity"
-Daniel 12:3

Here's what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Go git'm, girl. You're incredible.
See you Upstairs...
I won't be joining'm in da nasty Abyss where Isis lies
infowars.com
thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com

-YOUTHwitheTRUTH

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...