Wednesday, September 7, 2016

How Do You Find Time? –IWSG Post

Hello friends!



Today I'm participating in Alex Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group, so be sure to check out other posts like it.

Maybe you can tell from the language I'm using to write this post, or maybe not, but I am exhausted. It's 10:30 AM on a Wednesday morning, and I've already taken a psychology class from 8 to 9:15 today. Sure, it's only one college class, but Monday's and Wednesday's are my lazy days.

Tuesday's and Thursday's, that's another story. I'm on campus from 8am to 4pm.

The homework isn't too bad, it's just a ton of reading. I'm enjoying all of my classes, even the math. Though, the math homework is pretty terrifying.

I'm also officially getting hired today!

So while all of these things are great, "how do you find time to write in your busy day?" you ask.

Well…

I've edited four pages over a week.

So…to fully answer your question, I have to say that balancing writing and my new schedule are becoming extremely difficult. Don't worry, I'm not the kind of person to give up something I love just because it's hard. I'm definitely not going to be taking any writing breaks or go on hiatus (though my absences from blogging seem to make it look that way).

One of my biggest weaknesses is time management. Ever since college started, I've been doing a lot better with it, but it's still not good enough. How do I balance class, homework, real work, writing, and still maintain a healthy social life while making sure I eat enough and get enough sleep?

The answer: I don't know.

At least, I haven't figured it out yet.

How do you find time to write in your busy day? (Hopefully you're doing a better job than I am!)

–Jess

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You'll figure it out. Just takes some time to work out the kinks of your new schedule.
Congratulations on the job!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

The fact that you have a can do attitude is a great start. Best of luck!

Liz A. said...

You may have to focus your writing time during school breaks. Since school is only a short time in your life, there's nothing wrong with that.

Patrick Stahl said...

Yeah, the short answer is that I really don't get much personal writing done during the collegiate school year because I'm swamped with other work. Luckily, with my double major in Creative Writing and Multimedia & Digital Culture and my minor in French, I write a whole lot for school. I wrote a whole play (about six minutes in duration/six pages in rough formatting) yesterday, for instance.

Anonymous said...

You've got a lot on your plate right now but you'll figure out how to balance it all soon enough. I'm confident you will! Good luck and hang in there!

play bazaar said...

Don't get too personal with the people you work with. playbazaarIt's best to keep things professional at all times with the people you come into contact with. Personal relationships can get in the workplace. Avoid the risk your position.satta king

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...