Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Hey everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I got back from Michigan yesterday, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on most of your blogs today. I also got some really cool new story ideas to keep me even more busy than usual! I even found the time for some long needed reading. It's so cool how refreshing a few days of break can be!


Anyway, it's back to editing for me! And I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. At first I think I was a little too overwhelmed with the fact that my book was done to actually try to fix it. Now I'm on a roll, highlighting pretty much everything I see (well, not everything but that's what it feels like)! I look back at the pages of my MS and want to laugh at the papers streaked with yellow and pencil marks. It's really funny because sometimes I feel like saying "how did I think that was good when I wrote it?" But that is what first drafts are for, right?


Well, I should probably get to work now, but before I leave you, here are a couple pics from our trip!


(Me and Mom trying to stay warm outside!)

(Cousins, Grandma, Sister, Me and Gramps!)
(The Lake! Photo Credit goes to my Grandpa)


Happy Tuesday everyone!
What did you do this weekend?

--Jess
P.S.
Thank you new followers (old followers too, don't worry!) and campaigners for stopping bye!

6 comments:

David P. King said...

I checked out dinosaur footprints, but that lake makes me envious. Welcome back! :)

Faith E. Hough said...

Beautiful lake! We spent some time at the Long Island Sound here in CT...I love beaches!
(By the way, I was homeschooled, too! And I'm homeschooling my daughters now...)
Best of luck with your editing! Let it be fun. :)

Bess Weatherby said...

Hi Jess! It sounds like you had a great weekend away. I love Michigan in the summer. Glorious. Good luck with your editing!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you, Jess! I'm in your dystopian Campaign group. I'm a little late with introductions, but better late than never! ;) I'm a fourteen year old writer, too.

Love the pictures of the lake! It's so pretty. Good luck with edits!

Jess said...

David~ That's really cool though!

Faith~ Wow that must have been amazing! I used to live in CT too but I was only seven years old then. (And homeschooling as awesome! You've got so much more freedom!)

Bess~ Thank you! And yes MI is gorgeous in the summer :)

Madeline~ Oh my gosh that's so cool that you're fourteen! I was starting to think I was the only one out here!

Anonymous said...

We just took this weekend slow, spent time with family and friends and didn't bother leaving town. The extended weekend was a nice break though! Glad to hear you had a good trip. =)

Best of luck with all the editing! Even if it feels like you're rewriting EVERYTHING, sometimes you'll find a little gem of description or line of dialogue that just sticks all the way through no matter how many times you edit. Sometimes, in all the bad that is usually a first draft, something really really good is hiding in there too. (And the bad really isn't bad, it just needs to be reshaped so that it shines too!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...