Wednesday, December 21, 2011

New Inspiration

So, it turns out the 'secret place' that we went to was West Virginia. We stayed at the Greenbrier Resort in Sulphur Springs and I was impressed. I was afraid that since this vacation was mostly just to 'relax', it would also mean doing a whole bunch of stuff that I didn't want to do, and falling behind in editing and all kinds of stuff. But, that was not the case.


We had so much fun, but I have to say, my favorite activity was playing laser tag. There were other families there, so we had a big group of people with us. We split up into two groups and chose teams. After that, the game began. Since I write Sci-Fi and Action/Adventure/Dystopian sort of things, it was pretty good inspiration. I felt like my main character in the heat of battle. Only, the worst thing that could happen to me in there was losing one of my ten lives, where in my story, the consequences are much worse.


I was actually surprised with how good of a shot I was. Sure, I risked my 'lives' a few times, but overall, the girls team won. Of course, after we had achieved victory, the boys tried making excuses, saying that they let us win. But something tells me that that wasn't the case.


Anyway, Christmas break starts tomorrow for me, and I'm looking forward to lots of time to write and get stuff done!


Have a great day!


--Jess

4 comments:

prerna pickett said...

I love west Virginia. I went whitewater rafting and rock climbing there.

Angela Brown said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And nothing like get some inspiration for your writing while having a blast.

By the way, girls rule and boys drool :-) lol!!!

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a great time! I haven't played laser tag yet - but I'm thinking I'd be a terrible shot! :)

Meradeth Houston said...

Laser tag is a blast! Hmm, I think I may need to do a little WIP "research" here soon, come to think of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...