Friday, October 12, 2012

Have a Nice Weekend!

In school, I'm taking a Creative Writing class. And if you haven't guessed already, the class is so much fun.

All of the assignments are really creative, and there are a lot of writing exercises that are giving me so many new story ideas! The one problem is that I'm getting so many, and I'm not sure I'll ever be able to write them all :(

Anyway, I'm just over 75% done with my final edits. After that, my mom's going to read it again and depending on what needs to be done, I'll either have my editor take a last look at it (which would probably lead to another "final" round of edits), or skim over it then publish.

I can't believe I'm actually getting this close!

Could it really be only a matter of time before I'm a published author?

Oh and just as a fun fact, I'm learning Chinese this year. Actually, I've been learning it since 6th grade, and I just love it (that doesn't mean I'm any good at speaking it…) Either way, I just wanted to show you my favorite Chinese character.


I think it's the prettiest out of all of them. It's pronounced like: long. But you have to follow the tone up, so you almost say it like a question. The actual pronunciation is: lóng. It means dragon.

(Now can you guess why it's my favorite? :)

周末愉快!
(Zhōumò yúkuài)

or

Have a nice weekend!

--Jess (麥潔思)

4 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Congrats on the editing progress. It'll be great to read the final product.

Chinese is amazing to listen to, and I'm glad your enjoying it. Enjoy your weekend.

Angela Brown said...

Yay! You're so close. And yes, you'll be able to call yourself a published author.

Chinese is an amazing language. I started studying Japanese but didn't get too far into it.

Ashna said...

Chinese definitely sounds interesting! Creative writing too! Good luck with your final edit! :D

Rena said...

Oh, you're so close, and I too share a liking of that character. Good luck with your edits.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...