Monday, November 12, 2012

Siúil a Rún

First of all, here's a pretty song I found recently, called Siúil a Rún.


The video isn't very good, but it had the best quality sound. According to Wikipedia, it's a traditional Irish song about a girl who's love has decided to go to war, and though she doesn't want him to, she's supporting his decision. If you want to read more about it, go here.

Anyway, I'm just editing The Inferiors lately.

It needs a lot of work. Luckily, it's like 25,000 words less than From the Ashes so hopefully it won't take as long. And the first draft of From the Ashes was absolutely terrifying, which isn't quite the case with The Inferiors.

So yup, that's what I've been up to.

My goal is to get from page 109 (where I am right now) to page 180 by the end of the week. Think I can do it? I'll tell you on Friday :)

What are your goals for the week?

--Jess

4 comments:

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Pretty much to catch up on my Nano word count. Editing is tough but in the end it's always worth it.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Good luck with meeting your goal. If anyone can, you can, because you sound pretty self-motivated. Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far!

Sue Ann Bowling said...

Old one from a folk song book my parents had when I was in High school (and that's a long time ago.)
Lost it in a fire 12 years ago. But I still love the song.

running4him said...

great song!!! My great grandma still spoke Gaelic, and my grandma knew some too. I wish I did, its sad how we lose our roots...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...