First of all, I'm really excited for no apparent reason. I'm coming down with a cold, too, but strangely I'm really happy! I got a ton of work done this weekend but a lot more to do, so I'll try to make this post short.
I heard back from a few of my beta readers and got a lot of good feedback. I knew having beta readers would help me a lot but I guess I wasn't aware of how much it would help. I learned a lot.
- The difference between 'farther' and 'further'. ('Farther' is used as in physical distance and 'further' is for metaphorical distance)
- That you're not supposed to use a comma before the word 'but' (yep, I did that about a thousand times)
- That I italicize words way too many words
- I have too many "she says" or "he says" after someone speaks. It turns out, if there are only two people in the conversation, you hardly need those at all!
- There's still a ton of stuff about writing that I don't know.
So yeah, my issues are mostly grammatical and then there were some problems with the setting. But I think I finally fixed that... we'll see.
How was you're weekend?