Saturday, September 15, 2012

KOMF #7

Here's the prompt:

Kathy and I are giving you 5 TELLING sentences to choose from.  The object is to pick a sentence and create a scene in 500 words or less that SHOWS what the sentence is about.

For bonus points, don't include the sentence you chose (or any alteration of it) in your scene. Your readers should be able to guess which one you described!

Here are the sentences to choose from:
  • It was the most interesting birthday ever.
  • He/she's so obnoxious.  
  • It was dark.
  • The meal was delicious.
  • He/she was in a bad mood.
Okay, here's my entry!

The sky grows darker, and the surrounding trees bend in toward us. The light of day begins to fade.
“You okay?” His voice startles me from my thoughts and I look up at him. Desmond’s lips are pressed tightly together, and his face is woven with pain.
A spark lights within me, wanting me to forgive him. But I can’t. I don’t respond and turn to look at the trees.
He sighs. “I’m sorry.”
“You should be,” I snap, suddenly fighting back tears. “You lied to me. How could you?”
His footsteps crunch softly on the leafy ground, growing louder. “It was for your safety.”
I whip around to face him. “When isn’t it about my safety!? I’ll be just fine.”
He’s closer to me than I expect. Desmond reaches out and touches my arm, but I jerk away.
“Don’t touch me.”
Desmond swallows hard and clenches his jaw tight. “You know I’d do anything for you, Alira.”
“Why don’t you trust me?” I ask.
“I trust you with my life.”
I grit my teeth and push him backward. “No you don’t. Now leave me alone.”

***

Definitely not my best, but I hope you enjoyed it!

Here are the other entries, so go check theirs out!


Have a great day!

--Jess

1 comment:

sjp said...

gah we can only pick one?

also couldnt help but laugh when you said its not your best, loved the character interactions

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...