Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Write, Skate, Dream.

As the first post for my blog 'Write. Skate. Dream.' there are a few things I would like to say. I really only write, figure skate, and dream. Beyond those things, I guess you could say that I really don't have a life, which for me is a good thing. I love science and dream to one day work in that field, but for now I'm concentrating on the things I love most. Currently, I'm writing a novel which has yet to have a title, and hopefully during this school year I will have plenty of time to edit. Since I'm home-schooled, that shouldn't be too hard. I figure skate about three to four hours a day and hope to land the majority of my double jumps over the course of this year.
In between skating and writing, I also play violin and actually like Math. I love reading though I hardly have time for that because writing takes so much time and skating takes so much energy. Luckily, on the way to and from violin lessons (about a forty minute drive) I listen to books on tape with my mom, sister and brother. How could I possibly have time for one or two last interests? Somehow I have found a way to occasionally squeeze in drawing and painting.
The last word in my blog title fits in mostly because in reality, I have very little time to sleep. On a good night I might get to bed at around 10:30pm and have to get up at 7:00am. When sleep finally comes, I dream about my stories where snippets of inspiration materialize in my mind. In other words, I'm never fully resting.
The last thing you should know is that I will write blog posts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless I'm getting writers block in my novel or whatever I'm currently writing, as I am right now. I'm really excited about starting this new blog and hope you enjoy it as well!




Anyway, I've got to continue writing my novel...


--Jess

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...