Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Hunger Games + Announcements

I saw it!

Yes, I finally did! I saw it on Monday with my best friend, and oh my gosh, I loved it. It was amazing. Now, I'm not going to go into much detail, because I'm sure you guys already know. But it was almost exactly like the book, and was pretty much how I imagined it while I was reading it.

Definitely a new favorite!

Okay, and for my Micro-Fiction buddies, I have an announcement. Since next month is April and is the epic A to Z Challenge, I'm afraid it will be difficult writing a flash fic on the last Monday of the month.

So!

Kathy and I decided that we'll hold our Micro-Fiction bloghop for the first three months of every year. That way, people don't have to commit to it all year long, lol.

The Micro-Fiction winner of this week is Stephanie, over at Word by Word! Great job, Stephanie! Kathy is choosing the other winner sometime today, so keep an eye out if you participated.

Now, being the last Monday of March, that means this is the last Micro-Fiction of this year. If you want to sign up for next year, the linky-list is still up on the Micro-Fiction page, and we'd love to have you join us!

And, I'd like to thank Fairbetty, over at Fairbetty's World for being the first person to sign up and for participating in every event! Thanks so much for all of your support!

Alrighty, I think that's all for today! So, have a great Wednesday!

--Jess

10 comments:

fairbetty said...

Thank YOU and your mom for hosting KOMF! Flash fiction is such good practice for me. I love participating :)

Jenny S. Morris said...

Congrats Stephanie!

Glad you like HG. ;0)

Sophie said...

I loved the hunger games too, it was amazing!

Geoff Maritz said...

Glad you enjoyed Hunger games. It won't be released here for some time yet, we'll see whether i go to see it or not. Time will tell.
Bless you Jessica, Geoff.

Jemi Fraser said...

I loved the HG books, but I haven't seen the movie yet. So many movies let me down. But it sure sounds like this one won't, so I leaning towards going! :)

Matthew MacNish said...

We saw it last Sunday as a family. Loved it!

Stephanie said...

I loved Hunger Games. They were so faithful to the book, I was shocked. The parts they did change actually fit really well and keep the story flowing.

fairbetty said...

Oh, I meant to ask, too... don't you just want to run out and start taking archery lessons now? Katniss is the coolest!

Tracy MacDonald said...

I love the way the gamemaker's role was so detailed in the movie, and watching Rue's final scene was so much more intense than reading it. I'm heading into the A to Z challenge for the next month too, but before so many of us go there, I wanted to pass on the Luck 7 MEME to you. Hop on over to my blog and check it out. I'd love to read more from your WiP.
A2ZMommy and What’s In Between

Aldrea Alien said...

HG on here. I haven't read the books, but I like the look of the movie. I just may have to wait for the DVD.

And you get another Lucky 7 Meme on top of seeing HG. Woot! ^_^ Do you have another WiP at 77 pages that you can use for it? Book 2 of your Rising trilogy perhaps?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...