Monday, March 12, 2012

Yes, I'm Back!

Hey guys, I'd just like to say... I'm back from the Caribbean!

The trip was really awesome, but gosh, I've got a ton of stuff to catch up on! So, I'm going to keep this post short.

Anyway, I know that vacations are for relaxing. And that on a cruise ship, you shouldn't have to do any work. But my writing and I have an interesting relationship. Some days, it's more like work. But others, it's just fun.

There were a few times when we were out at sea and my mom and I sat at the top of the ship, watching the waves and typing away. There's something about the deep, sapphire blue of the ocean that's so inspiring. It would take an effort to keep the inspiration from flowing.

It was awesome. I'll tell you guys more about it later, maybe even show some pics! Oh, and I got a ton of reading done. I'll tell you what two books I finished on Wednesday (there... I'll leave you with a cliffhanger, hehe).

I've got a lot of work to get done right now so I've got to go. 'See' you Wednesday!!

--Jess

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are back and had a great time!

Unknown said...

Caribbean? A cruise? Oh my gosh... Jealous!
Welcome back to blogland, though :-)

xx Rachel

Jess said...

Thanks!!

Rena said...

Oh, I always write when I'm on vacation. It's like my treat to myself (sometimes I'm really sappy). I'm glad you had a good time.

Melanie Stanford said...

Ahhhh, I went on a cruise to the Caribbean last November. Just hearing you talk about your cruise makes me want to go right back!

Jenny S. Morris said...

The ocean is SO inspiring! And a cruise sounds like so much fun!!!

Laura said...

Welcome home - looking forward to heating more about what writing you got done
Lx

Dr. Mohamed said...

What a wonderful time of year for the Caribbean! Glad to hear you had fun.

Kelley Lynn said...

You HAVE to share pictures! I did a cruise in the Caribbean and LOVED it. So jealous :)

Precy Larkins said...

Aww, how fun for you! Pictures for sure so we can all drool at the view of the sun and the ocean. :)

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Jealous! I want to go on a cruise so much.

Krista McLaughlin said...

The caribbean... I'm jealous! I haven't been on a vacation in years... I'm actually starting to doubt that vacations actually exist. Well, I'm glad that you had a great time! :)

Lyla said...

Yay! Welcome back! :) I'm on vacation myself (heading home tomorrow, though D:). I tagged you for a meme on my blog. http://lylawrites.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-7-meme.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...