Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Ignorance

I is for Ignorance

The root of pain and suffering.
Born from the lack of knowledge and truth.
It’s a choice that we all must make; to be ignorant or to see behind the lies. Lies that we’ve set ourselves up to believe.
Many will choose ignorance. Because it’s easier.
Simpler.
But ignorance is the seed of all evil.


***

Here's another song I love to write to. And if you look up the lyrics, I think it's sorta kinda about ignorance. It's called See Who I Am by Within Temptation:


Have an Interesting day!

--Jess

8 comments:

Sally said...

I agree most times but there are also times when ignorance is bliss.....

Jennie Bennett said...

Purposeful ignorance isn't living, it's avoiding life. Go out and live and do, then you'll never be ignorant again :)

Angela Brown said...

Oh the bliss of ignorance sometimes seems easy when the weight of knowledge can be a heavy burden. Plus, it's so much easier to blame everything and everybody else because, well, heck, you didn't know.

Nick Wilford said...

Nice little piece. It definitely is dangerous, it's what lies behind racism and anything else of that ilk.

Susan Kane said...

But ignorance is the seed of all evil...

Excellent, Jess. Absolutely true.

Reiko said...

That is an awesome poem, Jessica! Are you sure you're only 15? Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Great poem! Thanks. I think ignorance is what drives bullies.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Great poem and blog!

I am trying to read all the A to Z blogs, but coming back to the ones I really like.
Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

Tim
The Other Side
The Freedom of Nonbelief

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...