Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for Knightly

K is for Knightly

It is not fire that puts out fire.
Only water can do that.
You can’t be cold to those who are cold.
Only warmth will melt the ice.
It is not war that ends a war.
Only love can be your savior.
You shan’t receive if you do not give,
Only you can release your soul.

***

If you're wondering what that little flash fic/poem has to do with the word Knightly, I mean it in the 'brave' sense of the word. Like, brave and chivalrous. And sometimes it takes courage to end a war or be kind and giving.

Oh, I also found this really interesting K word.

Definition for kleptomaniac:

Web definitions:
someone with an irrational urge to steal in the absence of an economic motive.
I just thought that was weird!

Once again, I was having a really hard time finding a song that fit the theme, so, I might have stretched my own rules a little today.

But, the word Knightly made me think of knights and for some reason, this song reminds me of knights and fighting and all that sort of thing.

Played by an electric string quartet, I present the song Requiem for a Tower played by Escala.


Have a Kooky day!

--Jess

10 comments:

Rena said...

I've heard many renditions of Requiem for a tower (did you know it was written for the art flick Requiem for a Dream starring Batman--I mean Christian Bale?).

I like Escala's take on it.

SF said...

Yay, chivalry!

Sally said...

Great music choice, Jess. I remember seeing Escala (or Scala as they were then) on Britain's Got Talent - they got to the final in May 2008.

Jaime Morrow said...

Love that song and the poem as well :D

Faith E. Hough said...

Lovely poem. Knightliness needs to be revived!

Reiko said...

Your poem has a profound message for humanity. Well done!

Krista McLaughlin said...

That is a beautiful poem. And ironically, I wrote about kleptomaniacs today! :)

Born Bookish said...

That is a wonderful poem Jess! I like how you didn't just give us one thing that had to do with the letter K you gave us a poem, a word, and a song! I've always thought kleptomaniac was a funny word.

Sue Ann Bowling said...

I do have a problem with the first line of your poem--backfires, by consuming the fuel a fire feeds on, can put out a fire. Water just cools things off. The other analogies are fine, but you can fight fire with fire.

Talli Roland said...

Those are great K words, Jess! I love your poem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...