Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Vivacious

V is for Vivacious

“Let’s go outside.”
“Um, right now?” she asks.
“Yes, right now, I have something to show you!”  I cry, excitedly.  “But you’ve got to hurry.”
She sighs.  “Can’t I see it some other time?”
“No, you have to come now or it will go away.”
“What is it?”
I smile.  She isn’t going to believe this.


***

The entire passage isn't 'Vivacious,' but the MC sort of is, so I think that might count.  And here's the song...  Ignorance by Paramore:


Maybe this isn't quite Vivacious in the 'happy' way, but I like Paramore, and this song is pretty lively.  The weird thing is, this song always reminds me of the book A Tale of Two Cities, which I  read last year in school.  It's not the lyrics that go with the story or anything, but I just used to listen to this song a lot during the time I was reading the book.

Speaking of Vivacious, I'm really excited and feeling lively today because I think I finally came up with a good title to replace The Trials.

It was last night, and I was just lying down, peacefully editing away, when all of a sudden...  it hit me.

Revelation moment.

Time seemed to slow.  My eyes widened in amazement because I was so caught off guard that I simply couldn't hide how impressed I was with myself!

The next thing I knew, I had my Google Talk screen up and (too lazy to take out my headphones and use my voice to explain) my fingers were stomping on the keyboard, giving away every little detail to my mom.  It was too good to just keep to myself!

Anyway, I wish I could reveal the full idea to you guys, it would give away too much of the story.

But!

I now call my story: The Phoenix Blade

Or, something along those lines.  Maybe that's not the official title yet, but just for the time being, it works :)

Now, the few of you who've beta read my book might be thinking, umm... what does that have anything to do with the story?

Well, it's meant to be a title that you aren't quite sure of the meaning for the first few chapters, but I'm also planning on adding stuff which will (hopefully) benefit the story and help the title make sense.

Have you guys ever had that 'revelation' moment?  Where you get an idea that's just too good to keep to yourself?  (Or one that seems good and then in a few days sounds.... not so great?)

Have a... um... Victorious (?) day!

--Jess

3 comments:

Laura S. said...

Hello, Jess! I love it when I have moments like this!!! It hits you from out of nowhere. Yes, sometimes it doesn't seem so great after time passes. And still sometimes you get a sudden idea that seems so-so at first but later is awesome!

Good luck with your new idea! Have a great week and happy A to Z!!

DL Hammons said...

The "revelation" moments you refer to are so exhilerating!! Its like when you find a key piece to a puzzle and you just know that everything else will just fall into place. :)

Reiko said...

I agree with DL Hammons. I had such an exhilarating moment several months after you and your Mom had helped set up my first website in August 2011 at your house. The initial website name sounded close to what I needed but not quite. I kept thinking that the book’s title and the website name had to be in perfect alignment with each other because, in marketing, consistency is everything. Then, one day, when I was thinking about changing my book’s subtitle to match the website name, BANG, out of nowhere, it came to me – “My Journey to Freedom and Independence.”

My story has truly been about a life’s journey. Through this journey, I learned a lot – particularly about human nature, both good and bad that we all have within us.

From here on, no matter what happens, I am at peace because I was able to capture in a book what I learned in life. As the saying goes, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Hopefully, the younger generation will be able to learn a thing or two from it to create a better world for themselves and for their children. Love, Grandma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...