Wednesday, February 15, 2012

11 Random Questions... Go!!!

Thanks Lady Gwen for tagging me in the Platform Building tag of 11 questions! Here are the questions she gave to me:

1. What is your secret weapon of choice?
Definitely a lightsaber ;)

2. If you could sit down for coffee with any historical figure, who would it be?
Hmm... that's a tough one. There's so many people to choose from!! I guess I'd have to go with the Egyptian queen Nefertiti.

3. Any "famous" figures in your ancestry? Who and what did they do?
Maybe Alexander Hamilton but we aren't sure, lol. He was the Secretary of the Treasury when the U.S. became a country.

4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Either China or Italy.

5. What was the #1 song the day you were born?
Um, I have no idea.

6. What is your favorite genre to read and why?
Hmm, I think for me it mostly depends on the book. It's hard for me to choose any one genre! But I guess it would have to be dystopian or sci-fi.

7. Who is your favorite literary character and why?
Anakin Skywalker. In the books, not the movies. He's my favorite because he's a very deep character who struggles with the pain of losing his mother and the fear that others he loves will die. In real life this isn't such a good thing but for an author, turning your MC to 'the dark side' to save the ones they love is a pretty brave thing to do. It might destroy your character but it makes them very realistic!

8. Besides reading and writing, what is your favorite pastime or hobby?
Figure skating or playing the violin. Ooh, or Image Editing and Design. I use this free program called GIMP to create/edit pictures and that's always fun :)

9. If you could switch places with one person for 24 hours, who would it be? Why?
I was going to say the President of the U.S. but by the time my 24 hours would be up, I'm afraid the world would be destroyed. So instead, I'd like to be some neurological scientist. I guess I can't name any names (because I don't know any) but it sounds like a cool thing to be.

10. What is the area you live in most famous for?
Probably the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

11. What are the top 5 programs you watch on television?
Um... we don't have cable. We got rid of it four years ago so we'd have more time to read and do other things. But the TV shows we watch through Netflix and Apple TV are:
LOST, GLEE, THE OFFICE, 30 ROCK and last but definitely not least, STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS.

So there we go! Okay, now here are some Campaigners I'm tagging:

  1. Melanie Stanford @ Daydreamer to Writer
  2. Alexandra Shostak
  3. Andrew @ Lost Realms
  4. The Golden Eagle @ The Eagle's Aerial Perspective
  5. Alyssa McKendry @ Life is Good
  6. Megan @ Paws, Fangs & Smiles
  7. Stephanie Allen @ My Personal Fairytale
  8. Sarah F. @ Inklined
  9. Jay Noel @ Writer on Fire
  10. Kate @ The Scribbling SeaSerpent
  11. Marcy @ Creation and Compassion
Now here are my 11 questions:
  1. What's your favorite song?
  2. How old were you when you started writing?
  3. What's your favorite movie/book?
  4. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be? Why?
  5. If you were the main character of a book, what genre would it be?
  6. What is the coolest thing you've ever done?
  7. If you could be a character from any book, who would you be? Why?
  8. What genre do you write in?
  9. What's your favorite thing to do, other than write?
  10. If you could meet one historical figure, who would it be?
  11. Is there anything else we should know about you?
Feel free to leave a link to your answers in the comments! Have fun :)

--Jess

27 comments:

davidgmckendry said...

I thought GR and I were famous figures in your ancestry... GM

Jay Noel said...

So nice to meet you too, Jess. I had been tagged by Elizabeth Twist and posted my answers at almost the same moment you tagged me! So I hope you don't mind I went with her 11 answers.

I JUST changed my profile pic to the one with me holding a lightsaber. My 11 year old is having fun with photo manipulation, so I'm so glad to meet another fan.

prerna pickett said...

great answers! I think for my historical figure I'd choose Abraham Lincoln, he's my favorite President!

Gwen Gardner said...

Oh, I want a light sabre! Love the girl power in #2, and Alexander Hamilton - that's cool. I loved all your answers!

Alyssa said...

I posted my answers! Check 'em out here! http://lifeisgood-forever21.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-random-questions.html

Melanie Stanford said...

Thanks for the tag. I'm posting my answers tomorrow (thursday).
www.daydreamertowriter.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

How fun that you and Alyssa are sisters! :D Such a fun community. Great to read more about you, Jess! :D

Krista McLaughlin said...

I would like to go to Italy too and I love Glee! Great answers!

Aldrea Alien said...

Lightsaber. Yup, I'd go for that one too. ^_^

L.C. said...

Anakin. *sighs* He's a fav of mine, too. Thanks for sharing! ^_^

Meradeth Houston said...

I'm totally working on a book with lightsaber-influenced weapons. So fun!

Shelley Sly said...

Hi, new follower here. :) Found your blog through a friend's and I love that you're a Star Wars fan! A lightsaber would be pretty awesome.

Rena said...

Hi Jess, I wanted to let you know that I've given you an award over at my blog.

Golden Eagle said...

I love SF, too. And China would be an awesome place to visit!

Thank you so much for the tag! :)

Jess said...

Ooh Abe Lincoln would be a good choice, too!

Jess said...

No problem! Hope you have fun :)

Jess said...

Glee is awesome :)

Jess said...

*sighs too* I know what you mean. Thanks for stopping by :)

Jess said...

Haha yeah, me too! Probably why I use swords in my MS :)

Reiko said...

I loved reading the Q&A. Your response about being the President made me burst out laughing!

Misha Gerrick said...

Those are some good answers. :-)

I've always wanted to take up skating, but I'm always just a little too far from the nearest rink.

Shallee said...

Fun! I'm kind of a Star Wars nerd too, so I love that you brought up Anakin's character.

Also, I think it's totally awesome you skate and play violin. Just sayin'.

Margo Kelly said...

Great to learn more about you! I'm a new follower from the campaign. Nice to meet you. :)

Stephanie Allen said...

It's all about the light sabers =)

I...haven't posted mine yet. But I'm working on it!

Unknown said...

I loved this. I'm stopping by from the Platform Campaign. Cheers.

K M Kelly said...

Hi, beena bit slow answering these but you can find my responses here The Scribbling SeaSerpent

Eric Indiana said...

Here's a random question for the world: Why aren't they breeding dogs for longevity? Here are some more, plus some other random thoughts: http://daisybrain.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/random-questions-fresh-new-words/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...