Wednesday, February 29, 2012

KOMF Winners & Awards :)

The Knights of Micro-Fiction (KOMF) is steadily growing in ranks! Thanks to everyone who participated! If you missed it this month, go here to add your name to the linky list.

Kathy and I had a really hard time choosing winners! You guys all did such an awesome job! Unfortunately, we could only choose two people. Now to our lucky winners!!

Congratulations Aldrea Alien over at Thardrandian Thoughts!
And congratulations T.Z. Wallace at One Year Until Book Launch!
Great job! You two lovely ladies will be receiving an email from Kathy and I so we can feature you on our blogs for Friday's post.

Once again, thanks to everyone who participated! We hope you had fun :)

Now, moving on!

I've been tagged by W. Chaser for some awards! First is the Sunshine Award!

The rules are, 1) thank the person who gave it to you. 2) write a post about it. 3) Answer the questions below. 4) Pass it on.

Answers to questions:

  1. Favorite Color? Blue.
  2. Favorite Animal? Wolf.
  3. Favorite Number? Five!
  4. Favorite (non-alcoholic) drink? Pineapple juice or Coffee or Pink Lemonade. Any of those work :)
  5. Facebook or Twitter? Neither. I have an account with both, but they both keep me from getting my work done.
  6. My passion? Writing of course!
  7. Getting or Giving presents? I want to say giving but I'm not sure how true that would be...
  8. Favorite pattern? I couldn't care less.
  9. Favorite day of the week? Wednesday.
  10. Favorite flower? Lotus.
And then the second award is the Kreativ Blogger Award!


Okay, now I'm supposed to list seven interesting things about myself. Um, is it a bad thing that I can't really think of anything?

I'll think a little harder. Seven interesting things about me...
  1. I used to hate novel writing. I'd tried it a few times but couldn't continue after the first 50 pages. I only wrote poetry up until I was 12 or 13.
  2. I like European music. Like, modern European music. (Example Artists: Within Temptation, Epica, Nightwish)
  3. I've moved 15 times and lived in 7 different states.
  4. I hate crying. I never cry in front of people.
  5. I have a really strong gag reflex. No really, when I was a baby I used to choke on Cheerios.
  6. I am terrified of Lady Bugs!
  7. I'm really daring when it comes to skiing and rock climbing and a bunch of other stuff, but I'm afraid of the dark. I will not go into the basement by myself!
So there you have it!! Now I'm just going to pass these on to three people because I have to get to my work.

Have a great day! And don't forget to stop back on Friday to read an interview with one of the two lucky winners of the KOMF!

--Jess

16 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

Ladybugs? How could you be afraid of them? Lol

Bess Weatherby said...

Congrats to the winners!

Rena said...

Thank you. I know it sounds bad, but I kind of snickered at the lady bugs... then I remembered my animosity towards eggplant. Anything can happen.

Alyssa said...

I loved reading all of your interesting facts. Ladybugs lol :)

McKenzie McCann said...

Wow, two awards. Thank you so much, Jess!
I can relate on the novel-writing. I only wrote poetry until I was about thirteen too.

Emily R. King said...

Hey, it's your favorite day of the week! Have great hump day. : )

Gwen Gardner said...

I'm with you on #4 and #7, but I'm curious about the lady bugs, lol! I'm that way about pincher bugs.....congrats on your awards:)

Angela Brown said...

Congrats on the awards. Well deserved. I have to admit it's very interested that you are daring with the physical activities but find the dark and lady bugs...uh, irreconcible. Though, I'm not one for heading down into a dark basement alone either so I suppose I'm with you on that one :-)

Born Bookish said...

Congrats on your awards! =) When I got the Kreativ award I had a hard time coming up with facts about myself too! It's harder than one would think! Sad about the ladybugs, there so pretty!

PT Dilloway said...

Wow, more of these "awards." When will it ever end?

Krista McLaughlin said...

Ladybugs... they can be scary.

E. Arroyo said...

Congrats to the winners and to you for your awards!

Reiko said...

As your grandma, I thought I knew everything about you but, apparently, that was not the case. I never knew that lotus flower was your favorite. Now I know! They ARE beautiful, aren't they?

Melissa Sarno said...

Ok, well now I have to know why you are terrified of ladybugs.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Congratulations on your awards, and to your winners :-)

Melissa Sugar said...

Congratulations on your awards. You are the first person I have ever know who is afraid of lady bugs. I uses we all have our fears. Interesting answers. I love reading these.

I am hopping around trying to read all of the entries for the "Get Fired Up" blogfest. I hope to announce the winners on Monday.

Take care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...