Friday, February 3, 2012

KOMF Winner Interview

Happy Friday, everybody!

Today I'm interviewing one of the winners of the bloghop Knights of MicroFiction, co-hosted by Kathy and me! (It's a monthly thing, so if you want to join, details are HERE). Julie, over at  Rosewood Pencil Box  will be interviewed on Kathy's blog.

Anyway, I'd like to congratulate.........

Fairbetty, over at Fairbetty's World for winning the interview on my blog!
Alrighty, here we go!

*curtain opens*

Good morning fairbetty! It's so nice to have you here! Looks like a nice big audience today. You think you can handle it? Okay, good. Me too. My first question is: When did you know you wanted to be a writer?


I started making up stories at a young age and began my first novel in high school (I mostly finished it last year... finally... it's horrible so don't expect to read it anytime soon :) )

Aww, I'm sure it's not bad! That's just your inner editor talking ;) What's your current WiP?


My current WiP is called (for now) Lilith's Sea . It's a YA fantasy based on folklore from the Orkney Islands of Northern Scotland.

That's really cool! Sounds like a book I'd read! What are your goals for this year?


I hope to complete the re-write of Lilith's Sea and maybe, hopefully, show it to some people. I move slowly, though, so we'll see.

That's great! If you ever need someone to show it to, I'm right here! Anyway, how long have you been blogging and how has it improved your writing?


I have been blogging since 2008... although the past year and a half most consistently. I would say that the act of blogging has not improved my writing so much as the amazing network of writers that I have come in contact with blogging have. Seriously. You are all amazing and encouraging and helpful! Thanks!

We think you're awesome, too :) Is there anything else we should know about you?


I am currently obsessed with the Orkney Islands. I visited them last year (see posts in my blog from April photos) because I wanted to set my novel there.

Lucky! I'd love to go there someday! Unfortunately, that's all the time we have today! Thank you so much for joining us today and I hope you have a great weekend!


*applause & curtain closes*

--Jess

11 comments:

fairbetty said...

Jess, that just made my day :) Thanks!!!!

Catherine Stine said...

Sounds cool! It's always nice to learn about a real place through fiction, even fantasy. Good luck with the writing, fairbetty.

Luanne G. Smith said...

I'm obsessed with northern Wales. That's where my novels take place, and I get to go visit in March. So I totally get your obsession with the Orkney islands and writing about them. :)

Unknown said...

fairbetty, YOU are the best! :)

Reiko said...

GM and I have visited the Orkney Islands in 2005. The mostly-grass-covered ruins from 3100 B.C. were fascinating to visit and walk around. It was as if people were suddenly taken from there, leaving many artifacts which are still kept intact today!

For me, it was particularly interesting to see the shell mounds there because similar mounds are also found in Japan from ancient times.

Deniz Bevan said...

Great interview! Lilith's Sea sounds very interesting. Love books set in the UK :-)

David P. King said...

Congrats to Julie, and that was a cool interview, you two. I'll be happy to join in on the fun next month. :)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

LOL. I wasn't reading as closely as I should and thought that Fairbetty's interview was your entry into the I'm Hearing Voices blogfest.
But she sounds like a great lady and I'll hop over to her blog to learn more :)

Emily R. King said...

Nice to meet you Fairbetty and Jessica! Fun interview! (New follower)

T.D. McFrost said...

Hello fifteen year-old writer, I am twenty two year old writer and I love your blog.

This was a great interview and I look forward to more of your fantastic posts!

MSBjaneB said...

Great blog! I am sure I will get to read more through the blog fest and the platform building campaign!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...