Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for Guilty

G is for Guilty

I try to forget it.
At this point, regret won’t do me good. So why do I still feel terrible about it? I saved them. But only so they would trust me.
I’m starting to fear I won’t be able to carry out my mission.
Yet if I fail, the worst is yet to come.


***

Wow. Fifty five word flash fiction is a lot harder than it sounds. Luckily, flash fiction gives me story ideas, so I count it as a portion of my creative writing for the day. Anyway, here's one of my favorite songs called The Scientist by Coldplay. Enjoy!


Um, it doesn't really go with the flash fiction, lol, but I love this song and had to share.

Have a Gorgeous day!

-Jess

10 comments:

mooderino said...

Ah, double agent story I'm thinking.

mood

Moody Writing

Angela Brown said...

Oh yeah, that character is feeling the guilt for sure. Like the song :-)

Jemi Fraser said...

You did a great job! Guilt is eating away at that character :)

Unknown said...

The shorter it is, the harder it is to write.

great job.

Look forward to your challenge run…
--Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Alyssa said...

Nice flash fiction, and I love the song "The Scientist!" :)

Krista McLaughlin said...

I love that song! And guilt is such a powerful emotion - it is what is actually driving my main character in my WIP. He feels so guilty that he's witnessed the death of so many babies and young children, but he's still alive. Great word choice!

Unknown said...

Good choice of song, Jess! You are doing a really good job of the short flash fiction, well done.

Meradeth Houston said...

Fun snippet there--lots of possibilities to explain it :)

Sarah Tokeley said...

I really enjoyed that piece. So many possibilities ...

Sarah said...

I loved the piece of Flash fiction! For only 55 words, you got the guilty feeling across perfectly!

Also, I've passed on my Kreativ blogger award to you! :D
http://spbwriting.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...