Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Numb

N is for Numb

My fingertips prickle with sensation. But that’s all.
Here, it’s easy to lose feeling. Acting on them could get us killed. It’s a defense mechanism, really. Without it, I don’t think I’d be alive.
I wonder what would have happened had I tried to stop them from taking him.
Would I still be so cold?


***

And here's the song Numb by Linkin Park, which is also on my writing playlist:


And, I just thought I should share the news.

a) I hit exactly 100,000 words on April 14th! My goal was to have that word count by the 15th, so I'm like dying with excitement about that!

b) I haven't actually finished the story yet. I've got about two chapters to go, I think, if my estimation is correct.

Now, there are two people I need to thank.

First of all, my mom for letting me sit around on the couch all weekend to get there. And because she got me Scrivener. Ever since I got it, I've been hammering out three thousand words a day without much problem. A few times I've hit eleven thousand. In a day. It's simply awesome. No other way to put it.

And last, but definitely not least, I have to thank T. Z. Wallace for making the suggestion for me to get it.

Thanks so much, everyone!

Now, have a Nonchalant(?) day!

 --Jess

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I have loved reading your poetry throughout the challenge. This one is great.

Congrats on making 100,000! That's a Huge deal!

Michelle
www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

Rebekah Loper said...

Finding the right writing software that works with the way your mind works is priceless. I adore WriteWay, which is very similar to Scrivener, but it works better on my slow little XP netbook!

Congrats on reaching 100,000 words, that's quite a feat! Good luck as you near the finish line :D

Krista McLaughlin said...

Congrats on reaching 100,000 words! That's amazing! Is that for one book? Most of mine average 50,000 to 60,000 words.

I've never actually used writing software. I'll have to look into it. ;)

Jaime Morrow said...

Really enjoying your snippets of writing during this challenge :)

Congrats on hitting 100,000 words! I have Scrivener too, but haven't started using it. I'm most of the way through my current WiP and didn't want to plop it into Scrivener. I figured it was best to just stick with what I've been doing for this one. But I know that many people love Scrivener. My sister has had the same success as you with feeling more motivated to write while using it.

Angela Brown said...

The moment I saw the N word for today, I immediately thought of Linkin Park. Schweet!

And good going on beating your goal. Keep at it.

Chuck said...

Sorry I thought of Pink Floyd when I saw your word...but I love Linkin Park, so good choice. Maybe your S post can be on Scrivener!

Reiko said...

I feel your excitement! Congratulations, Jessica! Love, Grandma

davidgmckendry said...

Congratulations on setting and then meeting your goal, despite my occasional attempts at interuptions. :) Great job!

Lily Whalen said...

I've heard of Scrivener, but didn't know much about it. Thanks for providing the link and motivating me to check it out. Sounds like $40 worth spending; I'm going to request it for my birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...