Friday, April 1, 2016

A is for…

April 1st!

Happy April Fools Day, everyone! Not only is it April Fools Day, but it is the beginning of the A to Z Challenge. My theme for the A to Z Challenge is: characters from the From the Ashes series!

So, what is A for, you ask?

Azad Viraak

As of today, I still know very little of my early life. I was born in the year 405 After the Stellar Wars. I know my father's name was Dezar Viraak, but I hardly remember him. My mother was not my birth mother. Her name was Ana, but I can't recall her last name. She gave birth to my sister, Rasha.

Rasha and I were taken away from our parents when we were young, I must have only been four or five years old. We were taken to a gifted school, one of the best in the Alliance. Rasha was a few years younger than me, so I would always take care of her when I wasn't in class. I remember that a lot of the kids in my class would make fun of me, since I was older than most of them.

It was hard to make friends until I met Altair Kasev. The fact that I used to consider him a friend disgusts me now. Yet as much as I hate to admit it, once, we were friends. We trained together nearly every day for the glory of the Alliance, for the glory of the Emperor. That is until I discovered his secret. He was not and would never be true to our nation and our Emperor.

My sister fell in love with him. And that's what killed her in the end.

I don't know where he is, or how I will find him, but I will find him. I don't care about what happens after. Altair destroyed the only kindness, the only good I had in my life. And he must pay for that.

This is what I live for. It's what I'll die for, and I will fight forever for my revenge.

***

This is the story of Azad Viraak, thank you everyone! Check out more A to Z Challenge Participants here!

Leave your A to Z Challenge post links in the comments and I'll come to visit you! And don't forget to check out my new blog, My Unofficial Guide To Everything!

–Jess

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's serious betrayal - no wonder he wants revenge.

JEN Garrett said...

Azad sounds like a wonderfully conflicted character. And you've got me wondering how Rasha was killed. I want to read more. Good job!

Patrick Stahl said...

Very intriguing! This is a character from your From the Ashes books?

Pat Garcia said...

I look forward to reading more about this story and also about why her sister died.
All the best for the Challenge.
Shalom,
Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

kjmckendry said...

I love Azad's story! It's so sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...