Friday, April 22, 2016

R and S are for…

My A to Z Challenge theme is: characters from my trilogy, From the Ashes.

R is for…

Raval Tazrin

My parents were Superiors. I was born and raised in the Crystal City, and I enlisted in the IAA (Imperial Alliance Army) when I was 18. I was sent to Rellyne to quell rioting and reconstruct a city overrun in the Great Stellar Wars.

A man disobeyed the law. He was outside camp after hours. He was giving food to children, but he was arrested. His sixth offense was the same as the rest, and after that, he was sentenced to death. The other officers didn't care that he had a daughter.

He was executed by Lucius Marris, a man who thought he was my friend. I was ordered to help with the murder. I was the one who kept Cal Indera in place while Marris raised the gun to his head.

When Lucius Marris pulled that trigger, he changed the course of history.

Because that trigger was pulled, Cal's daughter became an orphan at the age of 15.

I fell in love with her.

Because of that single gunshot that echoed across the land, because of the blood spilled that day, much more would follow. And the nation would go to war.

***

S is for…

Sarin Indera

I died in the year 378 After the Stellar Wars. I was 27. I never had the chance to go to a proper school while I was alive. But I found something better.

I found love.

I married the love of my life, Cal, when I was 21. He was 20. We lived a hard life in the camps, but we had each other, and it was beautiful.

I died in childbirth, but I got to see my daughter and give her a name.

A name that would one day tear down this corrupt world we live in. A name that would change the world.

***

Thank you all for visiting today!

Don't forget to visit more A to Z Challenge Participants, and check out my other blog, My Unofficial Guide To Everything.

Also, From the Ashes is on sale for 99¢ in the Kindle Store for a week, starting Monday, April 25! So make sure to check that out too :)

Have a beautiful Friday :)

–Jess

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...