Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for…

My A to Z Challenge theme is: characters from my trilogy, From the Ashes.

J is for…

Jaina Indera

I thought I knew who I was. I thought I knew what I wanted. I was to live for the Alliance, to win the Trials for the Alliance. I thought it would make my life better. That we would be happy if we could win.

They didn't tell us the cost. They didn't tell us what it would be like, what we would have to lose in order to win. I am so small in this infinite universe, I am lost.

I am so lost in this everlasting darkness that surrounds my soul.

I was never meant to write history, and yet this is what I have been asked to do. I have to honor her life, her sacrifice. Our lives were based on lies, and I have to make it right.

I will die to make it right.

***

Again, I'm sorry I'm so late today! It was so hard writing a perfect part for Jaina, since she is my main character. I hope you like her though!

Don't forget to check out other A to Z Participants here, and check out my new blog, My Unofficial Guide To Everything (a follow or comment would be much appreciated) where I posted today about anxiety. 

Have a lovely rest of the day!

–Jess

2 comments:

Patrick Stahl said...

Main character, woo! I don't know that I would want to be writing a bio for my main character after I'd already written their story/stories.

Nick Wilford said...

Sounds like a very strong character!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...