Saturday, April 2, 2016

B is for…

Today is the second day of the A to Z Challenge! The fact that I'm even writing this post is crazy, because I didn't think I'd make it past day one. Anyway, in case you didn't stop by yesterday or for my Challenge Theme Reveal, my theme is: The A to Z of From the Ashes (my trilogy.)

B is for…

Barys Tazrin

I don't know when I was born. Genetic testing has revealed I was approximately 28 when I married my wife, Zera. She was not a beautiful woman, but I didn't marry her for her looks or even out of love. Truth be told, I married her because her family had money and status. I wanted to give my future children a better life than I had as a child.

Zera gave birth to my son, Raval in the year 376 After the Stellar Wars. He was the light of my life, and I gave him everything. We moved into the Crystal City as a family. I worked for the Imperial Alliance government, I got my son into a good school. I don't know what it was that made him join the Army when he was 18.

I didn't live to see the great and terrible things he would do, I didn't live to see his courage and his influence on the Alliance.

***

This is the slightly uneventful story of Barys Tazrin. He's actually not written into the story, but his son, Raval, becomes very important.

Thanks for visiting everyone! Check out more A to Z Participants Here! Also, I'm going to start giving a link to my 5 favorite A to Z posts of the day starting tomorrow. Leave a comment so I can check your post out!

Leave your A to Z post links in the comments and I'll come visit you!

–Jess

5 comments:

kjmckendry said...

So cool that you have stories for your character's parents even when they're not in your story!

JEN Garrett said...

What a great character sketch! Knowing characters parents is a great way to world-build in a novel.

Susan Kane said...

The main character should include his parents' stories to a degree. It also allows you to bring them into the story line when needed.

betty said...

Glad you decided to write B for the challenge; can be a bit hectic, but sounds like you are doing great with what you are doing for it :)

betty
http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

Pat Garcia said...

Interesting. I agree with Susan. if the main character's parent play a heavy role in who he is or what he does, then some part of them need to be included somewhere in your story.
All the best.
Shalom,
Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...