Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for…

My A to Z Challenge theme is: characters from my trilogy, From the Ashes.

X is for…

Xana Devyn

I struggle to breathe, but no air reaches my lungs. Warmth fills my chest, and I choke on the blood. Yes, it's blood, I am drowning in my own blood. My lungs convulse, I know I'm in pain, but I don't feel it. It's like I'm watching it happen to someone else.

I know my eyes are open, but I can't see.

I feel like I'm being torn in into a million pieces, but it is beautiful in the strangest of ways. Warm light flickers onto my eyelids, and I wake in my bed on Virana. Everything is glowing a little bit, like it isn't quite real.

I see Liam for the first time. He annoys the shaav out of me, but I smile at the sight of him.

Something happens, and that fades away to meeting Jaina. Then it switches again. I'm in the kitchen making cookies with my friend. The smells, the feel, everything is so real and beautiful.

By the stars, my life is beautiful.

***

I hope you liked this little except today, couldn't write too much about her. Spoilers.

Have a lovely rest of the day!


Don't forget to check out my other blog, My Unofficial Guide To Everything. Also, From the Ashes is on sale for 99¢ in the Kindle Store, so make sure to check it out!

–Jess

2 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Very nice excerpt--vivid.

kjmckendry said...

Ooh I love this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...